Thursday, February 25, 2010

Geese over the Shawangunk, the story behind the painting...


Geese Over The Shawangunk....
Most people equate a Canada Goose painting with an Autumn flavor, however this oil painting announces the arrival of spring here in the Hudson Valley of N.Y. I sense this annual show is not changed much over the past 12 thousand years, although most recently the Indian wigwams have been traded in for empty Mcmansions which now dot the landscape.I am sure the old Shawangunk mtn. has witnessed many changes but the annual migrations of geese are a constant.
I am always tickled by the power of my editing paintbrush. As we endure our most brutal snowstorm of the season today, I am reassured by this piece as I know it reflects the warming days of March which lie ahead.The first returning geese have already arrived in the area and are spending an interesting day snowwalking ,they will gather in great numbers on the Wallkill River and await thier next chance to push forward North. Allysa Kulibaba Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment